Friday, October 3, 2014

Year Four

As I mark the fourth anniversary of my husband's death this Monday (6 October) it always brings up so many emotions about what our future may have been. People have asked me over the years if I have “gotten over” his death.  I will never get over the loss, but I have reconciled myself to it.

That said, you probably wonder if I have been able to move forward with my life and how it’s even possible to do so? The simple answer is YES! I did find hope for my future and I did move forward with my life. Was it easy? Absolutely not. I took one day at a time, which turned into weeks, months, and now years.

Each year on the anniversary of his death, I do something meaningful (to me) to honor his death. This year, I want to honor his memory by making a donation in his name to an organization he loved. 

And I encourage you to do the same. 

His favorite charity was the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program. Contact your local representative, or log on to www.toysfortots.org and click on "in memory/in tribute" and donate in memory of Brian. 

Even in death, Brian has taught me so much. I’ve recently realized that he taught me something that most people do not know: to love deeply, honestly, and openly.

You'll need my address for TfT:

3240 W Sunset Ave  Eagleville, PA 19403

And my email:

kgo92278@gmail.com


1 comment: