Monday, July 23, 2012

mending

Yes, I can feel my heart mending. Not healing, really, because I don't think it will ever be completely healed, but it will mend and have a permanent scar upon it.

But in the mending process I'm also finding out that it's growing a bit larger.
 
You see, I have met someone and we are truly enjoying each other and learning to care for each other.
 
I used to wonder how this would happen, especially since my heart was damaged beyond repair. But I get it now.
 
I thought that growth had stopped when Brian died, but I was wrong. It did stop...for a while. 
 
For almost two years, actually.
 
But now it's starting to grow. I can feel it stretching to a bigger size and I have to say that I LOVE the feeling.
 
Who knows where this new relationship will lead, and even if it doesn't, it will have proved to me that my heart is capable of growing in spite of its horrific loss.
 
It will have proved that I can move forward and that life can still be enjoyed and even celebrated for the things we encounter and learn. 
 
Don't get me wrong...Brian will never leave my heart...ever. He will just stay in a certain part of it from now on...and I'm sure he's just fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment