Friday, May 11, 2012

anniversary

Original date 29 August 2011

Welcome to Wedding Anniversary #2...well, my first as a widow.

Now I have officially shared one whole anniversary without the man I married...a certainly depressing thought, especially as I began to realize that I am quickly approaching a time where I will have been apart from my husband longer than we were even married.

Reality check.

It rained on our wedding day, and this year there was a hurricane. Quite fitting if you ask me.

Anniversaries are lonely without that partner to celebrate...you don’t even WANT to celebrate them, but you can’t not, and you have to remember the good times. For Brian and me there were many good times, and yesterday, 2 years ago, was one of those incredibly good days. I don’t think I’d ever say my wedding day was the best day I have ever experienced in my life...but I know it was one of the best days, and I also know that any other best day I have had, has been shared with him.

Today, I will share this day with you, for I have great friends and family and they are part of what has carried me through this journey.

Happy Anniversary Brian..I’ll toast you from below tonight but hold your heart above forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment