Friday, May 11, 2012

strong

Original date 29 November 2011

I am strong.

I am incredibly strong.

I never knew how strong before.

I wonder how I survived those first few minutes of knowing, those first few hours of screaming, that first night, week, month, year.

But I did...and so I know I am made of strong stuff. I know it's true because I am still here, finding joy where I can get it...and I am not dead.

But sometimes I think I am so strong that people don't see past the incredible feats of strength and endurance I am constantly displaying...and they forget that it takes every ounce of my strength to keep moving forward and they let me carry too much of their load...and I do it because I am strong.

But I worry that I can only carry so much. So I am going to pick and choose those extra things I must carry. I'm not going to take on everyone's minor problems.

Because I need every ounce of my strength to just keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment