Friday, May 11, 2012

more

Original date 21 December 2011

A day by any other date would still bring tears. That's the basic meaning behind Shakespeare's "rose quote," you know.

"What matters is what something IS...not what it's called."

So we can call today Wednesday. We can call it December 21st. We can call it four days til Christmas. We can call it the first day of Winter.

Because this day is all of that. But it doesn't matter what we call it. It matters that it exists. But we also know that it is MORE than just that day. So much more. And its existence DOES matter...in so many ways.

Because it is another day.

ANOTHER day.

Another day to wake up and remember how very blessed I was to have Brian as long as I had him. Another day to wake up and think of something that he once said, or did, that I haven't thought of in a while. Another day for me to love him. :)

Another day for me to feel the huge gaping hole he left here. Another day to cry another tear. I used to think
I'd eventually run out of those days because I'd most certainly run out of tears one day.

Not so much.

It's another day to cry one (or two) less tears. It's another day to go over our plans for Christmas .... and re-check my list. It's another day to hang out with my sister's children while they're not feeling the stress of needing to study. It's another day to sit with them and watch the movie "Elf" for the 57th time.

It's another day for every one of you to tell your spouse, if you are so blessed, that you love him/her. And that you always will. It's another day for every one of you to tell your parents, if you are so blessed, that you love them. And that you always will.

It's another day to start over, to get over a perceived injustice, to ask for forgiveness, to let go of some anger that's harming only you. It's another day for you to be the bigger person without even telling anyone.

It's another day to quietly help someone who needs your help. It's another day to smile at a complete stranger and say, "Have a great day" or "Merry Christmas." It's another day to take a walk in the cold, in the wet, in the clingy humidity and be thankful for the sounds you hear while being blessed enough to walk.

It's another day to look back at how very far you've come/grown/traveled/survived over the past year. It's a day to be proud of yourself and know that your loved one is just as proud of you.

It's a day to admit that all of the days that have come before have not always been pretty, or graceful, or loving, or even desired. But they have...been.

It's.
Another.
Day.

It's so much more than the limits you might give it. It's full of more capabilities than you could EVER dream.

It's a day that just might hold a miracle. Or two.

A baby will be born on this day. And that, to me, is the most awesome miracle of all that could change this day.

And yes, someone will most certainly die on this day. And more tears will be shed. And the cycle of grieving will begin its relentless journey in someone else's heart.

And quietly, softly, miraculously,sometimes invisibly...

So.
Will.
God.

And this day will become...more.
And limitless.
And lovely.

Even in its pain and grief. Once the day has become "more," once you have become "more," you will find that there is more love, more beauty, more...MORE...in this one, single day,than you could have ever dreamed or imagined.

I am happy on this day.
I am thankful on this day.
I am loved on this day.
I am strong on this day.

And I am so much more on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment