Original date 23 December 2011
I've been haunted by anxiety lately.
Everything feels so
unsettled right now. I'm facing some serious health issues. I'm not
working, and my health insurance benefits are set to expire...how am I
to afford medication and doctor visits? I'm forging ahead in this new
life, not knowing what I'm doing or where I'm going.
The holidays
are looming. I wake up several times a night with a racing heart and
mind. My thoughts immediately go to trying to control. By controlling my
inner world, I guess, I'm controlling something. I can't control the
outer world, so at least I can control my thoughts. But the thoughts are
out of control and useless, anyway. They try to predict the future and
change the past.
Both completely fruitless and frustrating.
My
dreams are fleeting and hard to remember upon waking. I remember some
parts of a dream I had a few nights ago. Brian was alive again, but
suddenly collapsed. We were in the middle of nowhere and I was running
to find help, screaming for someone, anyone, to help me help him.
I don't remember how the dream ended.
Last
night, though, I dreamed of the ocean. Every time I dream of the ocean,
it's a peaceful, happy dream. Every single time. This time, I was fully
dressed but standing knee deep in gorgeous tropical waters. The water
felt so perfect and looked so inviting that as a wave pressed up against
the side of me, I just let myself fall into the water and smiled with
pleasure. The water enveloped me and I felt free of anxiety while I
floated in the vast blueness of it.
I want to feel free of anxiety
like I did in that dream. I want to feel that in my waking hours. I
long to feel that way again. The way it feels to be able to let go and
relax fully.
I don't think I've felt that in more than a year. Except in my dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment