They leak out of my eyes and run down my face in small rivers. I am now used to their comings and goings; they are unbidden at times, whilst at other times they are triggered by a memory...by a song.
Sometimes they fall from my face in a gushing waterfall to wet my blouse or fall to the floor at my feet, while other times they dry on my cheeks leaving their faint trace of salt.
They are like a nosy neighbor...if you don't let them in every so often, they catch you off guard when you'd rather they left you alone...I know them too well.
They have haunted me lately, often waking me from sleep, or unleashing in the shower, late at night when I am alone...but not wanting to be alone...wanting...needing him to be HERE with me. Where I can rest my head on his chest and finally exhale.
No comments:
Post a Comment