Original date 10 December 2011
Brian was my prince charming. He saved me from the poisoned apple,
kissed me out of an eternal sleep, slayed the dragon, and swept me up
into his safe arms. And as soon as I was swept up, I felt like he was
pulled away from me.
But, I still believe in fairy tales. It has
been through my fellow widows; their stories, pictures, memories and
thoughts....that I realized there were others in this world who had
found their Aladdin, Beast, and Prince Phillip.
It reinforced that I
have felt the greatest of loves yet survived the largest of
tragedies....and I was not alone in surviving.
It reinforced that love will always live on.
So
I will wake tomorrow, out of my glass case, surrounded by seven dwarves
but no prince...within sight. I will take on this world, this tale we
started....and in the end I will have my happy ending eventually, and
live happily ever after....and until then, I shall always believe in
fairy tales and the FACT that they do come true.
"Only those
who truly love and who are truly strong can sustain their lives as a
dream. You dwell in your own enchantment. Life throws stones at you,
but your love and your dream change those stones into the flowers of
discovery. Even if you lose, or are defeated by things, your triumph
will always be exemplary. And if no one knows it, then there are
places that do. People like you enrich the dreams of the worlds, and it
is dreams that create history. People like you are unknowing
transformers of things, protected by your own fairy-tale, by love." -Ben Okri
No comments:
Post a Comment