Friday, May 11, 2012

the final goodbye

Original date 10 September 2011

Today, Saturday, September 10, 2011, I will say farewell to my husband's earthly remains as I honor him at Singer Island, and scatter his cremated ashes to the wind.

I have lost my husband in his physical self and I mourn this loss with sorrow and pain in my heart. He was my soulmate; I loved him the first time I saw him, and I know he felt the same way.

The time I spent with him, first as friends, then as husband and wife, is so precious and the memories of that time here on earth with him will have to do until I see him again. Although my body is filled with grief for Brian in every fiber, I know that I will see him again.

I will find him every day for the rest of my life. I will feel him in the warm sun on my face, hear him in the gentle breeze, feel him in the pulse of the ocean waves, and taste him in the sweet salt of the sea.

I know I will probably never return to Singer Island, and what I do here today is the final goodbye.

Until we meet again, Brian, you have a permanent place in my heart. I count myself lucky to have known you.

You taught me unconditional love and friendship, and I will always be thankful for you. You were the best of us, and I will always remember you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment