Friday, May 11, 2012

rainbow

Original date 18 May 2011

The girl I used to be has finally caught up with woman I've become.

I am still that adventuresome gal who fell in love at first sight when I met my future husband and took that daring leap of faith. 

I am still the good wife and hold dear to my heart my husband's memories, the goodness of our life together and all that being a couple taught me.

And finally, I am still a widow, the word I hate, replaced with a new word that I am enjoying. Woman.

I can't wait to listen to the music tonight. I'm ready. I've learned that you need to hold on to the best of what was in your life to make good of what is yet to come.

A good friend said to me, "We all have our stories. Your husband lived his, and yours is continuing." Such a simple sentence but filled with the truth.

Six months ago I sat on the couch crying and lost. "What will I do? How will I fill my time? How can I go on?"  Now, I have so much to do I worry how I will have time to get it done!

It amazes me that a new life has been created.  My life.  A small bright rainbow at the end of my tears.

"Lord, make me a rainbow so I can shine down on my mother so she'll know I'm safe with You when she stands under my colors."

No comments:

Post a Comment